Get a Natural State high by releasing your inner kid and celebrate the fourth anniversary of Loco Ropes Treetop Adventure at the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 1.
This heart-pumping adventure connects participants with nature by weaving through the tree tops with more than 35 obstacles for all age and fitness levels. Located at the Ozark Folk Center State Park, Loco Ropes will have special prices and give away gift certificates at the anniversary celebration. Anniversary specials are:
Ultimate Tower Test, featuring the HotShot FreeFall BullsEye and the Planks Peak Climbing Wall Challenge. There will be $100 cash prizes awarded to the first-place winners in each event. Winners will be announced at 4:30 p.m.
- Buy four Tower Adventures and get three free to share with family and friends.
- Enter a drawing to win an End of the Line gift certificate.
- Random drawings for merchandise will also be held throughout the day.
- Beginning at 11 a.m., free hot dogs will be served.
“We encourage those trekking the Loco Lines of our Treetop Adventure to secure their booking by calling us with their payment,” said Judy Cox, founder/executive manager. “Once here, we’ll get them geared up and trained, and let them set their own pace through the forest canopy.”
There are two separate adventures: Treetop and Tower. The Treetop Adventure is exciting and challenging. It includes zip lines, balance beams, cargo nets, ropes bridges and Tarzan swings, with the following Adventure choices:
Short Line ($15) takes about 45 minutes, including training time. Bookings available between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Jump the Line ($20) takes about 45 minutes. Bookings available between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- End of the Line ($50 and $40 for under 18) takes about 2 to 3 hours. Bookings available between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Tower Adventures ($7.50) choices are the Flying Pig ZipLine, HotShot FreeFall and Planks Peak Climbing Wall. They are also offered separately on a walk-up basis from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Loco Ropes is listed as one of five Cool Things to Do in Arkansas by National Geographic Kids Ultimate U.S. Road Trip Atlas, and as 10 Excellent Outdoor Adventures for Families by USA Today Travel.