Home School Day at Museum – Old Independence Regional Museum will host its fall Home School Day on Monday, September 29, 2014 from 9 a.m. to Noon, with sign-in beginning at 8:45 a.m. Registration and a program fee of $5 are due by September 24, 2014. This fall’s theme will be “Tell Me a Story through Song.”Arkansas has a rich history of folksongs that told stories of events and people. Students will learn about regional folk songs and some songwriters. Each song tells a story and several were created with students in mind – to help them remember historical events, math facts, or grammar rules. Students will complete several crafts including making paper roses, creating an “ArkansasTravel Brocchure” and decorating their own bandanas. While discussing songs of the Civil War era students will have the opportunity to sample chicory and hardtack. Again, the cost for this program is $5.00 per participant and space is limited to 50 participants, sobe sure to register before September 24, 2014. Old Independence serves a 12-county area: Baxter, Cleburne, Fulton, Independence, Izard,Jackson, Marion, Poinsett, Sharp, Stone, White, and Woodruff. Parts of these present-daycounties comprised the original Independence County in 1820s Arkansas territory.This humanities program is made possible by local support from Independence County and theCity of Batesville, as well as by Challenge Grant Endowment funding from the NationalEndowment of the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions or recommendationsexpressed in this program do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for theHumanities.
- Ghost of Davidsonville Fall Festival October 14th at Davidsonville Historic State Park
- Powhatan Historic State Park Has Dutch Oven Workshop October 7, 10 am- 1 pm
- Ozark Classic Crafts Mall in Downtown Hardy has something new – a Selfie Photo Booth! Visit Marc and His New Hi-Tech Customer-Pleasing Attraction!
- MARK AND ARLENE MARTIN HOPE FOR ARKANSAS FOUNDATION “RACE 4 HOPE ‘74” SEPT. 26-30 at Batesville Motor Speedway
- Treasures In The Ozarks Arts and Crafts Show Hardy, AR Sept. 23-24th!