Vendor applications for arts & crafters or commercial booths are now being accepted for the 33rd Annual Portfest Festival, which will be held on June 6-7 at Jacksonport State Park. Entertainment includes the Marshall Tucker Band and Blackfoot on Friday, June 6. Country entertainers include Sammy Kershaw and Jon Pardi on Saturday, June 7. For more info, go to www.portfest.org or contact the Newport Area Chamber of Commerce at 870-523-3618.
- Spring River Artists Guild (SRAG) presents 2-day Stenciling Workshop August 24-25
- Arkansas Craft School Hosts Women’s Creativity Retreat Sept. 22-24 at Tomahawk Creek Farms
- Sports and More Sports Program at the OIRM August 6 – Rodney Griffin and Lori Carter Laman
- Celia Storey Teaches “Animated Clay” August 12-13 at the Arkansas Craft School
- Powhatan Historic State Park Canning Workshop & Pearl Stringing Workshop July & August