Ready to run for your life? Can you survive the zombie apocalypse? Ready to have some fun and raise money to help children in our community? Then join Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Arkansas for its first 5K run and walk to be held Saturday, November 2nd at 6:00 p.m. The race route will be in Eagle Mountain subdivision starting at Eagle Mountain Magnet School. The cost to run is $20 for adults and $15 for anyone under 18. Registration the day of the race is $25 for all ages. Race coordinators are not only seeking runners and walkers to compete, but hordes of zombies are needed to create an atmosphere of fun scares and a truly apocalyptic experience. Zombies are asked to make a monetary donation of their choosing to participate. Runners, walkers and zombies can access the race registration form by visiting the White River Road Runners home page (www.wrroadrunners.org), clicking on local races and search for the BBBS Zombie 5K tab. You can also contact Amanda Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 870-612-8888 to have a registration form emailed or mail to you.
- Powhatan Historic State Park Holiday Open House Dec. 9 and Soap Workshop Dec. 2
- Potters David and Becki Dahlstedt Featured Artists Nov. 18 at Arkansas Craft Gallery
- Dr. Brooks Blevins, Speaker at Old Independence Regional Museum on Nov. 19th!
- “Hometown Heroes’ Documentary Debuting at Melba”
- Decorate a Living Window or Plan a Float for Calico Rock’s Annual Christmas Living Windows and Lighted Christmas Parade Dec. 9th!