Ready to run for your life? Can you survive the zombie apocalypse? Ready to have some fun and raise money to help children in our community? Then join Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Arkansas for its first 5K run and walk to be held Saturday, November 2nd at 6:00 p.m. The race route will be in Eagle Mountain subdivision starting at Eagle Mountain Magnet School. The cost to run is $20 for adults and $15 for anyone under 18. Registration the day of the race is $25 for all ages. Race coordinators are not only seeking runners and walkers to compete, but hordes of zombies are needed to create an atmosphere of fun scares and a truly apocalyptic experience. Zombies are asked to make a monetary donation of their choosing to participate. Runners, walkers and zombies can access the race registration form by visiting the White River Road Runners home page (www.wrroadrunners.org), clicking on local races and search for the BBBS Zombie 5K tab. You can also contact Amanda Roberts at email@example.com or call 870-612-8888 to have a registration form emailed or mail to you.
- Linda Rawlings will teach Paper Making August 5 at the Arkansas Craft School
- Jacksonport State Park is Building a New Visitor Center – Build it, and they will come!
- An Invitation to the T Tauri Movie Camp Finale Screening FREE July 29 at UACCB Batesville
- Hardy’s 1st Annual Fireman’s Fair Saturday, July 22!!!!! Come on, everybody!
- IMPACT Independence County to Host Tourism Branding Workshop July 27th