Mountain View’s first country music variety show, the White River Hoedown will be celebrating their 29th season presenting great family entertainment for kids of all ages with a few new changes. Pat & Jim Cash who have operated the show for the last 29 years have handed the reigns over to Carl Acuff Jr. for the 2013 season. Pat, also known, as the beloved Aunt Minnie will still be back for special performances to be announced as the season progresses. The new show will contain all the elements that have made the White River Hoedown and the Carl Acuff Jr. Road Show such entertainment staples in Mountain View and across the US. You can still expect great Country Music, Bluegrass, Gospel, Classic Rock N Roll, Motown, Disco, Impersonations, and or course, you can’t have a show with out great comedy and a salute to our nations veterans. The Cash’s and Carl invite you to come out and see this dynamic show. They open up April 4th with an area appreciation show. For Show Dates visit: http://www.carlacuffjr.com/touringschedule.html
- Powhatan Historic State Park Holiday Open House Dec. 9 and Soap Workshop Dec. 2
- Potters David and Becki Dahlstedt Featured Artists Nov. 18 at Arkansas Craft Gallery
- Dr. Brooks Blevins, Speaker at Old Independence Regional Museum on Nov. 19th!
- “Hometown Heroes’ Documentary Debuting at Melba”
- Decorate a Living Window or Plan a Float for Calico Rock’s Annual Christmas Living Windows and Lighted Christmas Parade Dec. 9th!